Adam Hollier was born in Detroit, Michigan. He is the son of Carl Hollier (retired Captain of the Detroit Fire Dept. and Training Officer at the Wayne County Health Dept.) and Jacquelene Hollier (retired Social worker) of Detroit, Michigan. He was raised in the Northend, where generations of his family have lived since the 1940s.
Adam is a proud graduate of the Detroit Public School system. He received his undergraduate degree from Cornell University in Industrial and Labor relations where he participated in Varsity Football and Track. Adam also proudly served as a volunteer Ithaca Fire Fighter while finishing his degree. Adam enlisted in the United States Army and earned a commission as a 2LT in the USAR where he currently serves in the 414th Civil Affairs BN.
Following Hurricane Katrina, he served as volunteer coordinator for the East Biloxi Relief and Recovery Center in Biloxi, MS. Adam was among the first groups to respond after the hurricane devastated countless communities in the area. Adam then returned to his home state to earn a Master’s of Urban Planning from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
Adam first served in a public capacity as the District Director for State Senator Buzz Thomas in 2004. After earning his Master’s, he served as Chief of Staff for State Senator Bert Johnson from 2009 to 2012. During his tenure in public service with Senators Thomas and Johnson, Adam was instrumental in gaining “wins” for his community, notably (PA 152 of 2009), which protects seniors and the infirm from losing their utility services.
- Vanguard Community Development Corporation Board Member
- North End Central Woodward Governance Board Member
- Michigan Youth in Government Alumni Board Member
- Declare Detroit Steering Committee Member
- Arden Park-East Boston Neighborhood Association
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Former Member of the Ann Arbor School Board
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Team in Training Alumni
- Assistant Football Coach for the American Youth Football League’s Detroit Dolphins